Usually I am not one to talk about controversial issues. I like my opinion to be private most of the time and don’t want flame wars to start among my friends, family, etc. (I usually just refuse to answer people who question my opinions - i deal with the fact we don’t agree and move on with life) . But after finding a little gem on the internet on how people who have abortions should be ashamed of themselves I didn’t want this to just pass over like I usually do.
I am a scholar, a scientist, a woman, and a friend. I want say with my qualifications that I am so against what pro-life claims, Especially with my science background.
Is it ethical to let a person, who is admits they are unable to provide a life they want for their child to be, be forced into having the child. If say the person does not want the child to be growing up in poverty, or with some condition that they have passed down, or just completely neglected due to career obligations and life goals. This isn’t even mentioning women who should have the choice to choose in the case they have been raped, or are at risk of losing their own lives.
Yes a lot of people still with these choices decide to have babies. The benefits outweigh the costs. They might want a baby to bring them happiness, or they are eager to have any child because they have the means to take care of them, or they can although any problems occurring can over look everything and bond as a family.
In Ireland you can’t get an abortion but if you fly on a plane anywhere in the world if you and your baby are on the flight guess who puts on the oxygen mask first the adult. not the baby. In Ireland they deny these procedures even if women are at risk of death.
And every time I see a male believe in pro-life, I really wish pregnancy upon them. I wish the potential for complications, risk of death, malnutrition, binge eating, weight gain, morning sickness, weight loss, stretch marks, painful heavy breasts, and not to mention the pains of childbirth. How can you tell me what to do with my body! You don’t understand what it even means to have a period. Yeah I understand the need of men to be consulted on the issue but regardless of the decisions they don’t go through the process we do!
As a God believing person I believe in all of life’s little things. Even those fetuses that some people have decided to call cute. But what if they don’t want to be born into the world. And what if they do? Can we ever give something that can not live by itself (aka not connected to mom) in a human environment such a strong voice. And for all the people that chose yes because they felt guilty or what not its okay too. I accept your choice. I just want to defend the choice. I am pro choice and pro life. If you in anyway shape of form are okay with the decision to have a child and think you are justified go ahead, but just in case you don’t want to have a child for various reasons I’m here to defend your right!
This is where this post started:
Although school has ended I am learning a lot right now. After falling on a Pro-life article accidentally I ended reading a lot more on Pro-Choice in many different lights. If anyone wants to see multitudes of inspirational stories of women who have over come let me know. Its so beautiful to know that people have voiced their opinions and I am lucky enough to at least live in a world that has Roe v. Wade. #stilllearning #theclassroomoutsidetheclassroom #sorrynotsorry #roevwade
SOME INFO FOR YOU!!!
Stories of Women: http://www.imnotsorry.net/
The interview of the woman that made the this is my ____.net
Some satirical commentary on this
BUT REALLY …. I’m coming with my bottle of febreeze this time around
my life when i registered for my very first class
Skyfall is where we start
A thousand miles and poles apart
Where worlds collide and days are dark
You may have my number
You can take my name
But you’ll never have my heart
it’s not christmas on tumblr without this
my blog wasn’t complete until i reblogged this
I'm bored. Send me a Tarot Card
- The Fool: Tell an embarrassing story.
- The Magician: Do you have a special talent?
- The High Priestess: Are you good at keeping secrets?
- The Empress: What do you desire most?
- The Emperor: Do you have any family traditions?
- The Hierophant: What is/was your favourite school subject?
- The Lovers: What qualities would your ideal partner have?
- The Chariot: Have you ever had to fight for something?
- Strength: What gives you strength?
- The Hermit: Could you cope with living alone?
- Wheel of Fortune: If you won a million pounds, what would you do with it?
- Justice: If you could be a super hero (or villain) what would you call yourself and what powers would you have?
- The Hanged Man: Would you sacrifice your own life to save someone else's?
- Death: If you were able to reincarnate, what would your next life be?
- Temperance: Do you have good self control?
- The Devil: What do you think your worst quality is?
- The Tower: Describe your dream home.
- The Star: What inspires you?
- The Moon: Describe a dream (or nightmare) you've had recently.
- The Sun: Describe a childhood memory.
- Judgement: Have you ever done something that you were really ashamed of?
- The World: What country would you most like to visit?
It’s hard to maintain that military composure when one’s granny is inspecting!
Is it so wrong that our souls speak to each other and we have an intimate connection.
That when I see you I just want to curl up in your arms. Never letting go of that hug.
Is it so wrong my heart flutters when I receive your messages and I smile when I feel you thinking of me.
That I have already exchanged my heart for yours in secret.
Is it so wrong I want you for my own and maybe occasionally to share the wonder you bring to me.
That I wait for that day when you are mine.
Page 1 of 124